Transfer students applying for admission to Durham Tech must meet all admissions requirements for their chosen program. However, some programs may waive placement testing if the applicant has previously completed college-level math or English courses. Students should consult an academic advisor before taking placement tests or enrolling in courses. Also see the Transcript Evaluation section of the website.
Students currently enrolled in another college may take university transferable courses at Durham Tech to transfer to their home college. These visiting students are not eligible for course substitution, credit by examination, financial aid, or veteran’s benefits; and they do not qualify for academic recognition (President’s List or Dean’s List). Documentation of prior course work or testing is required to enroll in courses with prerequisites.
Need just a course or two before graduate or professional school?
If you have a bachelor's degree and would like to enroll in Durham Tech to complete prerequisites for graduate or professional school, review the guidelines below for visiting students with a bachelor's degree.
- You must have a BA or BS degree; and
- You only wish to enroll in a few courses.
(NOTE: Students who are not pursuing a degree at Durham Tech are not eligible for financial aid.)
- Many students come to Durham Tech after completing their undergraduate degree. Typically, they need a few courses to prepare for admission to graduate school or professional school.
- The most commonly needed courses are Anatomy and Physiology (I and II), Microbiology, Statistics, Pathophysiology, Psychology, and Sociology.
- We want to facilitate the process for students who have a degree and need only a few courses. Therefore, we created an admission code (T90990PB) so that students will be assigned an advisor and will be able to enroll in the courses they need in a timely manner.
Steps for visiting students with a bachelor's degree who wish to take classes at Durham Tech without pursuing another degree:
- Complete the Enrollment Application (necessary to be assigned a student number.) Mark the box for post-baccalaureate student with the code T90990PB. Code T90990PB coded students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Submit official transcripts from your college(s) by the following dates, for priority registration:
- March 15 for summer classes
- June 15 for fall classes
- October 15 for spring classes
- Jairo McMican, Phail Wynn, Jr. Student Services Center, room 1200; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kara Battle, Collins Building, room 293; email@example.com
- Dr. Dorothy Wood, Orange County Campus, room 210; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kathy Zarilla, Collins Building, Room 281; email@example.com