The central program mission for the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) is to provide curriculum students at Durham Tech with the academic support they need to be successful. CAE tutors and staff strive to do the following:
- Provide students with an alternative learning environment for individualized and small group tutoring sessions.
- Provide students with an opportunity to learn how to use technology resources and nurture their online learning experiences.
- Provide students with examples/models of clear communication.
- Provide students with referrals to advising and resources to help with life issues.
- Empower students to be proactive in achieving their academic success and to challenge them to become independent and critical thinkers.
- Collaborate with colleagues inside and outside the CAE to share best practices in tutoring, academic support, and general higher education.
Upswing Online Tutoring
In addition to face-to-face tutoring in the CAE, current Durham Tech students now have access to online tutors through Upswing. Access Upswing by using the link on the left side or the button below this message. In order to login, use the same username and password that you use for WebAdvisor. Once you have logged in, use the search box at the top of the Upswing Virtual Learning platform to search for a tutor that can assist you in the subject area of your choice.
You can schedule an appointment with an online tutor to meet online. If a tutor is available immediately there will be a link next to the tutor profile saying “Get Tutored Now”. Having a computer that is equipped with a camera and a microphone is preferable but not necessary. There is a computer in both Wynn 1310 and Orange County 108 equipped with a camera and microphone for student use.
|Upswing Online Tutoring||Placement Test Preparation|
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com or call 919-536-7232, ext 2404.