Need something to do this weekend? This is a listing of several local community calendars in Durham and Orange counties.
- Ackland Art Museum at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Carrboro Events Calendar
- Downtown Chapel Hill
- Duke University
- Durham Searchable Events Calendar
- Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC)
- International Focus
- Nasher Museum at Duke University
- The Sarah P. Duke Gardens Events
- UNC Global Initiatives
- UNC–Chapel Hill
- Wednesday, May 7: Writing Workshop at Duke, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Duke University, West Campus, Griffith Auditorium. $45 includes the take-home workbook; does not include lunch or parking. Ideal for all professions and open to the public. Earn a certificate documenting seven hours of instruction (.7 CEUs) from Duke Continuing Studies by participating in this workshop. Writing from the readerís perspective is essential in securing grant funding, authoring scholarly articles, or preparing proposals and business plans. Dr. Gopen will change how you think about writing. Learn how to ensure that your readers actually receive the message you are trying to convey with clarity and coherence.
- April: Full Frame Documentary Film Festival. Each spring Full Frame welcomes filmmakers and film lovers from around the world to historic downtown Durham, North Carolina for a four-day, morning to midnight array of over 100 films as well as discussions, panels, and southern hospitality.
- April: Durham Art Walk spring Market. A fun and unique self-guided tour of urban art galleries, studios, impromptu exhibits, and vibrant businesses of Downtown Durham, featuring the original artwork of over 200 artists. The Durham Art Walk combines visual art, live entertainment and fun activities for the whole family. Rain or shine. Durham Art Walk is presented and produced by the Durham Arts Council. FREE admission.
- June-July: American Dance Festival Performance Season. The largest and most influential modern dance festival in the world, featuring more than two dozen modern dance companies and hundreds of choreographers, writers and students participating in classes, seminars, and performances. Duke University Campus and DPAC- Durham Performing Arts Center. 919-668-2233.
- October: NC Latin American Film Festival
- November: Carrboro Film Festival – November 23 and 24
- November: Durham Art Walk – November 23 and 24