Need something to do this weekend? This is a listing of several local community calendars in Durham and Orange counties.
- April 30–May 1: Durham Art Walk spring Market. A weekend full of art and sunshine including dazzling examples of local artistic talent, ongoing live music, world-class restaurants, great shopping, innovative new businesses and fascinating historic sites. Visitors can purchase fine art and crafts at many downtown Durham sites including Durham Arts Council, Vega Metals, Caktus Group and more! Visitors will also be able to hear live musical performances and can enjoy delicious food at numerous downtown Durham restaurants and food trucks. Rain or shine. Durham Art Walk is presented and produced by the Durham Arts Council. FREE admission.
- May 6–8, 2016: Art of Cool Music Festival. Three days, 10 music/conference venues, and over 60 world-class performances/conference presenters.
- May 19 – May 22, 2016: Moogfest. They need event volunteers. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2nd Friday Art Walk – Carrboro & Chapel Hill from 6 – 9 pm on the second Friday of every month.
- April: Full Frame Documentary Film Festival. Each spring Full Frame welcomes filmmakers and film lovers from around the world to historic downtown Durham, North Carolina for a four-day, morning to midnight array of over 100 films as well as discussions, panels, and southern hospitality.
- June-July: American Dance Festival Performance Season. The largest and most influential modern dance festival in the world, featuring more than two dozen modern dance companies and hundreds of choreographers, writers and students participating in classes, seminars, and performances. Duke University Campus and DPAC- Durham Performing Arts Center. 919-668-2233.
- October: NC Latin American Film Festival. Look for screenings at Durham Tech!
- October: International Festival of Raleigh
- November: Carrboro Film Festival