Need something to do this weekend? This is a listing of several local community calendars in Durham and Orange counties.
- Ackland Art Museum at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Carrboro Events Calendar
- Downtown Chapel Hill
- Duke University
- Durham Searchable Events Calendar
- Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC)
- International Focus
- Nasher Museum at Duke University
- NC Central University
- NC State University
- The Sarah P. Duke Gardens Events
- UNC Global Initiatives
- UNC–Chapel Hill
Sixth Annual Creative Food Drive
Join us at the Durham Farmerís Market/Durham Central Park this Saturday, Oct. 18, from 2:30 Ė 6:30 p.m. for the sixth annual Creative Food Drive. Itís free and open to the public! This friendly community competition engages companies and organizations to create whimsical structures out of non-perishable food items. Come and see what the DURHAM TECH TEAM will create Ė the food used in our structure will be donated to our own Food Pantry to help stock Thanksgiving baskets with orange (think yams, peaches), greens (turnip greens, green beans) and more greens (peas, soup mix) to create a 6í x 6í rendering of our new Durham Tech logo! www.creativefooddrive.com
There will also be live music from local bands, food trucks, a kidís zone, and local microbreweries. Itís going to be a beautiful day so grab your lawn chairs and join us!
- April: Full Frame Documentary Film Festival. Each spring Full Frame welcomes filmmakers and film lovers from around the world to historic downtown Durham, North Carolina for a four-day, morning to midnight array of over 100 films as well as discussions, panels, and southern hospitality.
- April: Durham Art Walk spring Market. A fun and unique self-guided tour of urban art galleries, studios, impromptu exhibits, and vibrant businesses of Downtown Durham, featuring the original artwork of over 200 artists. The Durham Art Walk combines visual art, live entertainment and fun activities for the whole family. Rain or shine. Durham Art Walk is presented and produced by the Durham Arts Council. FREE admission.
- June-July: American Dance Festival Performance Season. The largest and most influential modern dance festival in the world, featuring more than two dozen modern dance companies and hundreds of choreographers, writers and students participating in classes, seminars, and performances. Duke University Campus and DPAC- Durham Performing Arts Center. 919-668-2233.
- October: NC Latin American Film Festival. Durham Tech will be hosting two documentary screenings on October 23!
- November: Carrboro Film Festival – November 23 and 24
- November: Durham Art Walk – November 23 and 24