North Carolina Star Jobs is a new and simplified way to help you identify promising occupations. Star ratings are assigned based on wages, projected growth rate, and projected job openings, and each occupation has a rating of between 1 and 5 stars. Occupations with 5 stars are considered to have much better career prospects than occupations with fewer stars.
Durham Tech Student and Alumni Employment Listing
- Employment Listings
- Job Fairs
- Local Companies' Employment Pages
- Durham Startups: Connect with downtown Durham startups for internships and employment.
- Internships: Search for paid and unpaid internships.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Not sure which job search website is best? Read the reviews at reviews.com.
- Durham Tech Human Resources Development (HRD) courses provide skills assessment, employment skills training, and career development and enhancement. HRD courses are offered in short sessions to equip you with the knowledge, values, and practical skills essential to applying for, keeping, and advancing in your job. HRD courses are FREE for qualified participants. Qualified participants are unemployed, have been notified of a lay-off, or are underemployed. Underemployed persons are working part time and/or are eligible for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit.
Other Job Search Information*
- NC Works Online – provides information about job openings, occupations, labor market analysis, and links to services
- What Do You Employers Want When Hiring Recent College Graduates?, LinkedIn
- Tell Them You Want the Job!: A few hints and items to consider before, during, and after, your job interview.
- 2014 articles about résumé tips, The Huffington Post
- Job Hero: Sample resumes, cover letters, and other resources.
- 10 Job Search Mistakes of New College Grads, MonsteR.com
- 6 Job Search Tips for Recent College Graduates
- Facebook Social Jobs Partnership
*Disclaimer: Durham Technical Community College does not endorse any information provided on linked sites. Durham Technical Community College is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or misleading information shown on linked sites.