- Career Center Home
- Career Exploration
- Career Self Assessments
- Articles and Magazines
- Career Tools
- Job Search
- Student Job Board
- Program Options at DTCC
Durham Tech Career Center: Job Search
A Durham Tech student is quoted in this recent article:
Job market improved, but still tough, for younger people, Feb. 25, 2013, The Herald-Sun
Durham Tech Student and Alumni Employment Listing
- Employment Listings
- Job Fairs
- Local Companies' Employment Pages
- Durham Startups: Connect with downtown Durham startups for internships and employment.
- Internships: Search for paid and unpaid internships.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Employment Search Web Sites
- Durham Tech Human Resources Development (HRD) courses provide skills assessment, employment skills training, and career development and enhancement. HRD courses are offered in short sessions to equip you with the knowledge, values, and practical skills essential to applying for, keeping, and advancing in your job. HRD courses are FREE for qualified participants. Qualified participants are unemployed, have been notified of a lay-off, or are underemployed. Underemployed persons are working part time and/or are eligible for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit.
Other Job Search Information*
- NC Works Online – provides information about job openings, occupations, labor market analysis, and links to services
- Your Career Quest: a blog for job seekers.
- The Best Advice I Ever Got: In the Game of Life, Know the Rule of Thirds, LinkedIn
- Tell Them You Want the Job!: A few hints and items to consider before, during, and after, your job interview.
- Dress for Success: A program that provides qualified women with free professional attire for an interview or a new job.
- Job Choices: A publication of the National Association of Colleges and Employers with the latest job-search advice, resume help, interview tips, and more.
- 3 Things That Will Get Your Resume Thrown in the Trash, thedailymuse
- 7 Tips For Finding A Job After College, CAREEREALISM
- 5 Tips for College Students Using Facebook for the Job Search
- Facebook Social Jobs Partnership
*Disclaimer: Durham Technical Community College does not endorse any information provided on linked sites. Durham Technical Community College is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or misleading information shown on linked sites.