Travel to Cuba in Fall 2015!
Class Term: Fall 2015
Travel Dates: October 10 – October 18, 2015
Course information: Pave the way for Cuban cultural exploration with an exclusive trips to Cuba. Unearth the country’s vibrant culture on this educational excursion, and interact with Cuban residents to learn about the industry and artistry of this uniquely self-sufficient country. Enter into dialogues with the artists of the brilliantly painted streets of Callejón de Hamel, the farmers of the organopónicos urban organic food project and other sustainable farms, and other distinguished citizens who work hard to keep Cuba’s growth and culture alive.
General Program Flyer and Itinerary
Read The Herald-Sun article "A timely trip to Cuba".
There will be a series of mandatory pre-departure meetings and one post-return meeting set up through a Continuing Education course to prepare students for the time in Cuba and to reflect on the experience after return. The meetings will be on Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. on the following dates:
- June 13, 2015
- July 11, 2015
- August 8, 2015
- September 12, 2015
- October 24, 2015
- Age 18 or older
- Register for non-credit Continuing Education class and attend pre-departure and post-return meetings
- Apply and pay for travel directly through www.explorica.com/white-3277
The base price for the travel program is $3,791. There may be additional costs for insurance, room upgrades, and other options. The program price may increase if you enroll after March 31, 2015. Tips are not included. For more information on the travel costs, visit www.explorica.com/white-3277
Additional costs not included in the travel costs quote:
Durham Tech will be offering a few competitive scholarships of $3,000 to currently-enrolled curriculum students.
Preference for scholarships is given to applicants:
- who have little or no experience travelling out of the US
- who are admitted in a degree, diploma, or certificate program at Durham Tech
- who have completed at least 18 credit hours of their degree program
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- have successfully completed ENG 111 or the equivalent (with a grade of C or higher)
To apply for the competitive scholarships, students must complete all the parts of the scholarship application packet which includes:
- Online Application form
- Faculty recommendation forms (two required)
- Scholarship Agreement form. The agreement form must be notarized. There are several notaries available on campus. Notaries can also be found in most banks or credit unions..
The deadline for the scholarship application is February 27, 2015.
For more information contact:
Director of International Student Services and Study Abroad
919-536-7264, extension 4052
Center for the Global Learner, White Building (Building 1), room 58