- Currently enrolled Durham Tech students with WebAdvisor accounts can log in with their WebAdvisor login (example: DOEJ1234). You may log in for five sessions per day, with extensions. On express computers, sessions are limited to 15 minutes; other computers are limited to three-hour sessions. You may reserve a session at the self-service station for a later time on the same day. (This includes Middle College High School students.)
- At this time, most Continuing Education, ABE, ESL, and AHS students do not have WebAdvisor. The college is working toward providing an account for these students.
- Currently enrolled students WITHOUT WebAdvisor logins will need Guest logins. However, you may have more than one session per day or the staff can extend the time. You will need to show a Durham Tech ID card and obtain a library card.
- Guests may use one of the four designated Guest computers for one hour per day, with no extensions.
- Guests need a Durham Tech library card to use a computer. To obtain a library card, guests who are 18 or older should present proof of identification and residence at the circulation desk.
- A library staff member will issue a Guest pass and reserve a computer for Guests.
- Parental authorization is required for 16- and 17-year-old high school students in Durham and Orange counties to obtain library cards and use computers. The authorization form is available at the library circulation desk.
- Computer use is restricted to Durham Tech students or to authorized library cardholders who are 16 or older.
- Children under age 16 may sit next to a cardholder while the student or cardholder is using a computer, if space is available. Children under 16 may not use computers.
All computer users must use their own WebAdvisor or Guest login.
Computer Lab (Downstairs)
The Computer Lab is restricted to currently enrolled students who show a current Durham Tech ID card. The Computer Lab is for academic work for Durham Tech classes. Children are not allowed in the downstairs Computer Lab.