Information Technology Services (ITS) is responsible for installing and maintaining all computers on campus. ITS also manages the college’s network, email systems, telephone system, administrative computing system, instructional technologies, and audiovisual equipment. If you need assistance with using one of those, you may review the information on this page, complete a work order, which is also available off-campus (read the Quick Start Guide first), or call the helpdesk at extension 6111.
- Production (use this one): https://colleague.durhamtech.edu
- Test Environment: https://colleague-test.durhamtech.edu
- Colleague UI Training Document
- Colleague UI Icons and Terminology
- Introduction to Colleague PowerPoint
- Colleague Training Videos
- Data Entry Guidelines for Adding Email Addresses to NAE
Computer Training Workshops
Register online for Colleague, Informer, Outlook, Microsoft Office/Windows, myBrainShark, Jing, MyWebCam, Sakai, Softdocs, and specialty workshops.
Instructional Technologies (Sakai)
There are six forms that must be filled out and returned to ITS with the proper signatures before you can be granted use of the college’s network and computer resources. Please read each form carefully before signing. These forms are necessary to fill the state auditor’s requirements for computer and data security.
- Confidentiality Agreement – for compliance with FERPA
- Appropriate Use Policy – to explain the appropriate use of Durham Tech’s computer systems.
- Computer Usage Standards – explains the standards that must be followed when accessing the schools resources.
- Network Authorization Form – Network Authorization – to allow users access to the network and the email system.
- Personnel Data Form
- Data Access, Use, and Dissemination Statement
There are two additional forms that may be required for employees. One grants telephone access the other grants Colleague access.
- VOIP Telephone Request – to request telephone, long distance and voice mail access.
- Colleague User Authorization – to request access to various programs and data on the Administrative system.
Please submit a work order to reserve equipment or report an equipment problem.
- VOIP Telephone Request – to request telephone, long distance, and voice mail access.
- VOIP Telephone User Manual
WebAdvisor is a portal to important employee information. It is where employees have access to their tax, leave, and pay advice information. It is also where your campus user account is activated and password maintained.
Information for employees regarding the use of WebAdvisor can be found in the Human Resources section.