The Triangle Triad RIBN program is a four-year nursing option that dually admits and enrolls students to both Durham Technical Community College and Winston–Salem State University.
This program provides a seamless nursing education — from associate’s to bachelor’s degree — for top academic students. The first three years of study are home-based at the Durham Technical Community College campus along with one online course per semester offered through Winston–Salem State University. Upon successful completion of the first three years, students will take their fourth year classes at Winston–Salem State University with the option of online classes or face to face classes at a satellite location. Admission to the program is competitive and students are chosen on the basis of specific academic requirements.
Why Choose RIBN?
Unlike a traditional BSN program, RIBN students have the opportunity to begin working as an RN at the end of their third year, once they have passed the NCLEX-RN exam. In addition, the program is cost effective since students pay mostly community college tuition rates for the first three years.
The RIBN program makes a bachelor’s degree in nursing both affordable and accessible, while preparing students to further their education beyond the baccalaureate level in the future.
The RIBN program provides you with:
- Expanded career and educational opportunities.
- An affordable way to receive a valuable baccalaureate nursing degree.
- The opportunity for employment as an RN after the first three years of study (upon successful completion of the NCLEX-RN exam).
- Dual admission and enrollment that provides a seamless transition from a community college to a university.
- Dedicated advisors who work with and mentor RIBN students throughout the four years.