BioWork PLUS Career Pathway
Earn your BioWork PLUS certificate in as little as four months and start a rewarding career in the Biotechnology industry.
|The course starts July 11, 2016
Monday – Thursday
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Durham Technical Community College
Northern Durham Campus
2401 Snow Hill Rd / Durham, NC 27712
Attend one of these information sessions:
- Wednesday, June 1, 1 p.m., room 107
- Friday, June 3, 11:30 a.m., room 107
What is Biotechnology?
Biotechnology is the use of biological processes, organisms, or systems to manufacture products intended to improve the quality of human life.
What will I learn in the program?
The program’s goals are to provide practical, “hands-on” learning and familiarity with cutting edge techniques, technologies, and equipment. Students learn the basic skills required to become trained process technicians for biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and chemical companies. Position yourself to start a rewarding career in the Biotechnology industry.
What is my job outlook?
The BioWork PLUS Career Pathway training program prepares you for a rewarding career in Biotechnology. It gives you the right tools to secure an interview with local and regional companies. Average starting salary is $15 per hour. This Biotech Career Pathway will open many doors to jump start your career.
- A strong interest in Science, Technology, and Math
- Must be 18 – 24 years of age by June 15, 2016.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED by June 15, 2016.
- Must be referred into the program by June 3, 2016.
- Attend an information session and mandatory orientation session.
- Successfully complete the application process.
Curriculum Courses Offered:
- Biotech Workforce Ready Certificate
- BioWork Certificate
- BioWork State Exam Prep Certificate
- Cleanroom Gowning and Behavior Certificate
- GMP and SOP Certificate
- Career Readiness Certification
- NC BioWork Process Technician Certification