Biotechnology is an exciting and expanding field. The program’s goals are to provide practical, “hands-on” learning and familiarity with cutting edge techniques, technologies, and equipment. Position yourself to start a rewarding career in the Biotechnology industry. Students learn the basic skills required to become trained process technicians and lab assistants for biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and chemical companies. Through classroom instruction and laboratory work, students are prepared to enter the workforce and learn company operations and tasks.
Attend an information session to learn about the Laboratory Assistant and the BioManufacturing Programs, as well as the following:
- General program information and career path;
- Information about placement test requirements and registration;
- Career opportunities and salary; and
- Financial Aid opportunities – Durham ConnectFunds, State Employees' Credit Union Scholarships (SECU) and NCWorks Training for Careers program.
- Wednesday, January 6, 1 p.m., room 111B
- Wednesday, January 13, 6 p.m., room 111B
- Tuesday, January 26, 5:30 p.m., room 111B
- Friday, January 29, noon, room 111B.
- Monday, February 8, 11 a.m., room 107
- Wednesday, February 10, noon, room 107
- Monday, March 14, 12:30 p.m., room 107
- Tuesday, April 14, 1 p.m., room 107