Visions Leadership Initiative, better known as Visions, encourages participants to excel academically, personally and professionally, stay in college, graduate, and achieve their goals. Our primary focus is to promote the academic achievement of minority men, but all are welcome.
Our goal is to plan, develop, and implement student development activities for students throughout the year to help facilitate learning, promote a greater understanding of campus resources, foster positive relationships with faculty and staff, and provide social opportunities to connect students together.
We believe that having an education is one of the most important components a person should obtain during one's lifetime. With that belief, we are committed as a group to ensure that all Visions students will achieve their educational goals.
How do we accomplish this task?
- Full support from our administration, faculty, and staff
- Academic coaching support
- Business meetings, academic workshops, and professional development workshops;
- Small group and peer-to-peer mentoring support
- Early Alert program (identifying at risk behavior)
- Financial assistance (scholarships and tuition assistance; scholastic and/or need based)
- Help with finding jobs on campus
- Leadership discussions, social and cultural activities, business and dining etiquette workshops
- Career planning and counseling
- Guest speakers – we explore career opportunities, campus resources, etc.
- Community service projects
- College tours.
Fill out an application form.