Help us Brand the Plan for the QEP!
Help Durham Tech develop the name and logo for its quality enhancement plan (QEP), designed to encourage students to think critically about their academic and career choices. Read more about the goals and results of the QEP plan.
Win a $200 (check) for the best name and logo! Two runners up receive $100 card/each to the campus Follett Bookstore.
View the Guidelines, Rules, and the Entry Form (Word)
What is the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)?
- Brings multiple areas of the college together; allowing us to address issues that impact the success of our students.
- Supports the college’s continuous improvement efforts and fosters its collaborative culture.
- Satisfies an accreditation requirement (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges). Durham Tech MUST maintain its affirmative, accredited status in order to offer federal financial aid to students.
- Institutional broad-based process including broad-based involvement
- Focuses on student learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning
- Identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement
- Demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation and completion of the QEP
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) MUST
- Be related to student learning
- Affect a significant portion of the student body
- Be measureable
- Provide opportunities for faculty/staff development
- Meet the needs of the academic and workforce communities
- Be financially feasible and sustainable
Steps to Developing the College’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
- Select the topic (January – June 2015)
- Define the student learning outcomes (SLOs) (August – September 2015)
- Research the topic (September – November 2015)
- Identify the actions to be implemented (November 2015 – January 2016)
- Establish the timeline for implementation (January – February 2016)
- Organize for success (February – April 2016)
- Identify necessary resources (April – May 2016)
- Develop the assessment for the QEP (January – June 2016)
- Prepare the QEP for submission (May – July 2016)
Implementing the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
- Make adjustments to QEP based on recommendations (February – April 2017)
- Deploy the QEP (July 2017)
- Provide progress updates to college community (Annually – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Prepare the Impact Report (Spring 2022)
- Submit Impact Report to SACSCOC (Fall 2022)
Opportunities to Serve
(The college community will be involved in the process.The teams below are responsible for analyzing and/or operationalizing the input received at each phase.)
- QEP Topic Selection Team (January – June 2015)
- QEP Development Team (July 2015 – May 2016)
- QEP Implementation Team (March 2017 – Fall 2021)