Achieving the Dream Learning Environment
Definition of Learning Environment
Following Durham Tehcnical Community College's Vision for
a Learning College, learning environment is defined as the
physical, social, and psychological atmosphere in which
the free exchange of ideas and the acquisition of knowledge,
skill, and identified attributes take place.
The Learning Environment Team is
focused on achieving the following goals
- Produce an inventory of current institutional
policies and practices aimed at improving student achievement
of educational goals.
- Identify policies and practices that inhibit
student's chances of achieving educational goals.
- Conduct research to determine policies
and practices that might further enhance students' abilities
to achieve educational goals.
- Discuss internal and external communication
strategies related to student achievement.
- Make regular reports to the Core Team.
- Participate in Strategy Development Activities.