- Main Campus Testing Schedule
- OCC Testing/Advising Schedule
- Test Preparation
- Requesting Test Scores
- Submitting Test Scores
- Course Placement Chart
- TEAS V Testing
- Computer Competency
- Pearson Vue Testing
- ESL Listening/Versant
TEAS V Testing
The Durham Tech Testing Center offers the TEAS V exam to students enrolled in Durham Tech's nursing programs. In order to take the TEAS V a student must have completed any developmental education requirements as well as a basic biology and chemistry course. If you have questions related to whether you qualify to take the test, please consult your academic advisor prior to registering.
The TEAS V exam is designed to assess a student's aptitude for success in a nursing program. Students must achieve a TEAS V composite score of 58.7 percent and a reading comprehension score of 69 percent to be eligible for admission into a nursing program. The TEAS V score is NOT included in the calculation of points for competitive admissions.
How to Register
- To register, visit the following website: www.atitesting.com. Click on "create a new account" then follow the screen prompts.
- There is a fee of approximately $50. Students will need to make arrangements to pay for the test when they register. Registrations are non-refundable.
- Students who arrive late will not be allowed to start the test.
- Students who cancel or fail to show up on the date of the test will be required to complete another registration form and pay the full registration fee when rescheduling.
- Students may take the TEAS V test twice during a 12-month period. If a student takes the TEAS V test more than twice in 12 months, only the first two attempts will be considered. TEAS V scores are good for three years.
Testing Day Procedures
- TEAS V students must arrive on time with the email confirmation admissions ticket for the online test.
- No exceptions. No refunds.
- A photo ID is required. Students will not be allowed to take the test without photo identification.
- No calculators are permitted.
- Pencils and scrap paper will be provided and collected when the test is completed.
- Cell phones, iPods, pagers (and other electronic devices), books, notes, or study guides are prohibited from use during the test session. Any applicant using any of the above during the test session will be asked to leave the testing site immediately.
- No food or drinks are allowed.
- No children are allowed.