Jean D. Brown
Duke St North, room 118
919-536-7200, ext. 4311
Dialysis Technician (Non-credit)
Prerequisites and Requirements
(These items are not covered in the course fee)
- Proof of High School Diploma or high school equivalency
- Proof of the following immunizations are due at the time of registration: two doses or positive titer for MMR, Varicella; T/dap; Hep B series; Influenza/Flu (exempt for summer term only); and TB (annual TB test).
- Criminal background check and drug screening which will be administered by Castle Branch. Do not do this on your own. Information will be provided at orientation once a student registers for a class.
- CPR certification - only the American Heart Association Basic Life Support is accepted.
- Proof of medical health insurance
- Burgundy/Raspberry scrubs (tops and bottoms) and puncture resistant, closed toe shoes or sneaker (all white or all black)
Registration: View the Allied Health Checklist and attend an information session to learn how to submit prerequisites and how to register.
This course qualifies for financial assistance.
National Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician Exam
Graduates who have worked as a hemodialysis technician for 6 months and/or 1,000 hours, may apply to take the certification exam. Graduates are required to provide their supervisor’s signature and the name of the facility they are employed by. The Durham Tech Dialysis Technician clinical course hours count towards the required hours worked.
If you have questions or need more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.