Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Scholarship
The Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Scholarship (GEER) fund provides up to $750 or the cost of the program, whichever is more. If the cost is under $750, eligible students may still receive $750 and may use the excess funds as additional support while taking the course.
Students can receive the scholarship multiple times if they enroll in different programs (see list below).
To qualify for GEER, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current North Carolina Resident;
- Currently enrolled (or planning to enroll) in one of the programs listed below; and
- Students must comply with the attendance policy of the program/course.
- Students may receive funding for multiple programs; however, they may only apply for one program at a time. Additional scholarships will not be granted without successful completion of previous programs that used the GEER grant.
Eligible Courses and Programs
How to Apply
Students with a current Durham Tech student ID
- Complete the GEER application. You will need your student ID to complete the form.
Students without a current Durham Tech student ID
- Register for one of the programs listed above. You must also meet all prerequisite requirements, if applicable (Prerequisites are listed on each program web page). Complete a registration form. On the right side of the registration form, under “registration fee exemption” please check “other” and write in “GEER.” Email the completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After registering, you will be issued a Durham Tech student ID.
- Complete the GEER application. You will need the student ID to complete the form.
Please email email@example.com with questions or if you need further information.