Active Alerts: None
During inclement weather or an emergency, this web page will be updated regularly with emergency information for the Durham Tech community. Updates will be specific to Durham Tech operations.
The College is committed to the safety and security of all members of the college community. In times of emergency, the college will provide appropriate campus-wide response to assure safety and minimize losses.
To report an emergency at Durham Tech, dial 911.
Campus Police (non-emergency): 919-536-7200, ext. 5555
Emergency announcements also will be posted on:
- Durham Tech Twitter and Facebook pages;
- A voice message on the College’s switchboard at 919-536-7200;
- An announcement on the College’s Sakai site
- Notifications via local television or media outlets.
Learn more about the College Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Action Procedures.
Review the College’s shelter-in-place procedures and basic instructions for sheltering.
Always be prepared
Emergency preparedness is also an individual responsibility. Take the time now to read and become familiar with:
- Emergency Medical Protocol and Emergency Response Checklist (PDF)
- Tips for Surviving an Active Shooting Incident (video)
- Run, Hide, Fight – Surviving an Active Shooter Event (video)
- Emergency Action Procedures (PDF)
- Annual Clery Report: Your Guide to Safety on Campus.
- Inclement Weather
- Review the Durham Tech inclement weather procedures.