Admissions and Placement Information
College and Career Readiness (CCR) Orientation Workshop
All new students must attend an orientation to complete placement testing in reading, language, and math. Returning CCR students who have not been enrolled in the previous two semesters must attend an orientation for re-testing. Participants must attend all four days of the orientation and complete placement testing before they can register for classes.
The CCR morning orientation workshop is held weekly, Monday through Thursday, from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. on Durham Tech's Main Campus in White (Building 1), room 1-101. Evening CCR orientation workshops are held monthly on Main Campus from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. on Durham Tech's Main Campus in White (Building 1), room 1-101.
Monthly testing is held on Thursday and Friday at Durham Tech's Orange County Campus in Hillsborough, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Students must attend both days before they can register for classes.
On the first day of the workshop, please arrive 15 minutes early and bring the following:
- Two forms of identification, such as a driver’s license, passport or any government-issued photo ID, and a social security card, birth certificate, or ITIN (tax ID). If you do not have an ID, please Dr. Marguerita Best (email@example.com) or call 919-536-7218, Ext. 2429.
- Notebook, paper, black or blue pens, and #2 pencils (no mechanical pencils).
- An “official” copy of your high school transcript.
- Request that an electronic copy of your transcript be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Drop off a sealed transcript (the envelope must remain sealed to be considered “official”) at the CCR office located in White (Building 1), room 103.
Please review the methods the College communicates closures or delays in the Inclement Weather Procedure.
Minors (16–17 years of age) complete and submit an application to the Executive Director for approval. Download the CCR Minor’s Application or pick up the application at the CCR office, White Building (Building 1), room 1-103.
The Gateway to College/Adult High School program is available to new and returning students. New students interested in the High School Diploma program are required to sign up for an CCR Orientation Workshop (see above) and email a copy of their former high school transcript(s) to email@example.com.
Returning students who wish to re-enroll should email Mrs. Little.
High School Equivalency (GED® or HiSET®) classes are available to new and returning students. New students interested in HSE classes are required to sign up for an CCR Orientation Workshop (see above). We encourage all new students to visit ged.com or hiset.ets.org for account set up and test preparation resources. Please call us at 919-536-7200 ext. 3003 for additional information.