Reconnect Fund Award
The Reconnect Fund Award is for eligible students in Durham County younger than 25 who didn’t enroll in college directly after high school.
Reconnect awards students $500 per semester for a maximum of four semesters, totaling to $2,000.
To become and stay eligible, the student:
- Must be enrolled in a credit certificate, diploma, or degree program at Durham Tech
- Must take a minimum of six credit hours per semester
- After the first semester, must meet a 67 percent overall completion rate or minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA
The above eligibility requirements extends for two years after the first award term.
Other qualifications include being:
- A Durham County resident without a college diploma or degree
- Under age 25 at the time of applying
- A Durham high school graduate who graduated more than one year ago
Priority is given to students demonstrating the greatest financial need and to students new to Durham Tech.