UNC SOLAR Summer of Learning and Research
Learn with the best
Summer of Learning and Research is a 10-week program for underrepresented college students from across the nation who want to participate in cutting-edge biological and biomedical research at UNC-Chapel Hill, a top research institution. MARC and RISE Scholars are encouraged to apply.
UNC-Chapel Hill is the nation's oldest public university and ranks 7th among private and public universities for NIH funding.
The SOLAR Program includes
- 10 weeks of mentored research
- Competitive stipend and housing
- Weekly journal clubs
- GRE preparation course
- Weekly professional development workshops
- Sponsored social activities
- Final poster presentation
May 19 – July 26
Apply by February 20.
Email Juanita Limas if you have questions.
Other Research Experiences for Undergraduates
- REU on Sustainable Land and Water Resources - deadline March 8
- NC State Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE-REU) Program at UNC-Chapel Hill for molecular biosciences
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) REU program at UNC-Chapel Hill for biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, cellular biophysics, structural biology, computational biology, genetics, genomics and proteomics.
- NIEHS Scholars Connect Program (NSCP) for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM)
- NSF - National Science Foundation - This website provides a list of opportunities nationwide in a wide variety of fields.