Apply for Financial Aid
Financial aid for courses taken for credit is also called Federal Student Aid. All students are encouraged to apply for aid.
Students are required to meet the following:
- Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Admitted to an eligible program of study at Durham Tech
- Are a current US citizen or current eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Registered with the Selective Service, if required
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress at Durham Tech
- Not currently in default on a federal student loan and/or does not owe money on a federal student grant
Complete the following steps to apply to for financial aid:
- Choose the academic year that matches, not the calendar year. Each academic year starts in the fall, and end in the summer. For example, the 2022-2023 FAFSA is for Fall 2022, and spring and summer of 2023.
- Select Durham Technical Community College using our federal school code 005448.
If you need assistance, email email@example.com
Complete the admissions process by following the Steps to Enrollment. You must be fully admitted to an eligible program of study in order to be eligible to receive financial aid.
View the Enrollment Due Dates. Document processing times could increase significantly during registration periods. If you miss the enrollment due date, students should plan to pay for tuition, fees, and books independently during registration.
Complete any additional steps and submit your documentation. Check your ConnectMail email account and Self-Service for communications from the Financial Aid office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 919-536-7209, or visit the Student Resource Center if you haven’t received an update within five business days after submitting the FAFSA, or for questions and concerns.
Students interested in federal student loans, review the steps to getting a loan.
Next Steps After Submitting the FAFSA Application
Once the FAFSA application has been successfully submitted, the Financial Aid office will enter your information within 7-10 business days to begin the financial aid review process. If the Financial Aid office requires additional documentation from students or if the financial aid award is ready for review, students will be notified via email to check their Self-Service account.