Scholarships are awarded by the College's review committee with a process that gives students the greatest change of receiving scholarship funds. All students follow the same application process. Students will not apply to specific scholarships. Scholarships are applied for the following academic year during the spring semester.
A complete list of scholarships and their criteria can be found on the AcademicWorks website.
Each student will be notified when they are awarded a scholarship or if they were not selected to receive a scholarship. The awards will be placed on the student’s account prior to the beginning of the fall semester. If a student is selected for a scholarship, they must submit a thank you letter for their donor, in order to receive the scholarship. If a thank you letter is not received, the scholarship will be removed from the student’s account. All scholarship recipients must attend the scholarship breakfast to engage with their donor.
The application period for scholarships is March 15 – April 15.
- Visit AcademicWorks.com, and login using your normal Durham Tech login and password.
- Fill out the general application to the best of your knowledge and abilities.
- Once you submit the general application, you should be all done! If you invite a staff or faculty for a recommendation, AcademicWorks will automatically send an email and link with instructions.
- You can monitor progress on scholarship opportunities and recommendation submissions through AcademicWorks.
Next NC Scholarship
The Next NC Scholarship is a financial aid program that helps most North Carolinians from households making $80,000 or less pursue higher education by fully covering tuition and fees at any community college or more than half, if not all, of tuition and fees to attend any public university in the state. The best part? It’s money that doesn’t have to be repaid.
- Visit NextNCScholarship.org.
- Verify that you are eligible for this scholarship.
- Submit your FAFSA form. If you’re eligible, you’ll receive the Next NC Scholarship. There are no additional forms to fill out.