Durham Tech will be TESTING the Emergency Notification System (Punch Alert) on Tuesday, January 31 between 9-11 a.m. A series of text messages will be sent, but this is only a test. Learn more about PunchAlert
2017–2022 Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
Durham Tech‘s mission is to “champion learning and success, deliver outstanding teaching and service, and develop career skills for today and tomorrow.” Our Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), P3Connect, seeks to provide students with an integrated network of services and learning opportunities that will empower them to evaluate their interests and abilities, set academic and career goals, develop the necessary skills, and advance toward their career goals.
Connecting Academic and Career Goals
The goals of the QEP are:
- Increase access to informed advising.
- Increase awareness and access to career planning resources.
As a result of this plan, Durham Tech students will:
- Self-assess their abilities and interests.
- Demonstrate academic program knowledge.
- Utilize the college’s academic and career support resources.
- Develop an academic plan informed by their career goal.
As a result of this plan, Durham Tech will:
- Provide academic and career planning resources and support.
- Provide students with data to support self-assessment.
- Provide career counseling services.
- Provide academic and planning activities in and out of the classroom.
- Provide professional development for faculty and staff.
Steps to Developing the College’s QEP
- Select the topic (January – June 2015)
- Define the student learning outcomes (SLOs) (August – September 2015)
- Research the topic (September – November 2015)
- Identify the actions to be implemented (November 2015 – January 2016)
- Establish the timeline for implementation (January – February 2016)
- Organize for success (February – April 2016)
- Identify necessary resources (April – May 2016)
- Develop the assessment for the QEP (January – June 2016)
- Prepare the QEP for submission (May – September 2016)
Implementing the QEP
- Make adjustments to QEP based on recommendations (February – April 2017)
- Deploy the QEP (Fall 2017)
- Provide progress updates to college community (Annually – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Prepare the Impact Report (Spring 2022)
- Submit Impact Report to SACSCOC (Fall 2022)
Opportunities to Serve
(The college community will be involved in the process. The teams below are responsible for analyzing and/or operationalizing the input received at each phase.)
- QEP Topic Selection Team (January – June 2015)
- QEP Development Team (July 2015 – May 2016)
- QEP Implementation Team (March 2017 – Fall 2021)