Journey Student Leadership Program
As of the 2023-2024 academic year, the Journey Student Leadership Program, shall be structured as a cohort-style environment where students will be exposed to opportunities for leadership, personal and professional development. Cohort members will also gain experience with assistance with Durham Tech recruitment and student enrichment, as well as other professional endeavors. Students shall be selected by way of an application process and after careful review by the selection committee. Each academic year, there will be a new cohort.
Eligible students will be selected through a competitive process by the Journey Student Leadership Committee.
Journey students will learn and gain experience with:
- Any student enrolled in a curriculum program at Durham Tech with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher is eligible to apply.
- Student must have successfully completed the ACA-122 course with a grade of C or higher or transferred in 12 or more credit hours from another institution.
- Student must be taking a minimum of six credit hours during spring semester during all phases of the program. This includes the application process.
Journey Membership Requirements
- Participants are required to attend all sessions. Excused absences for extenuating circumstances must have written approval prior to the absence from the Journey program director. The request must be submitted in writing via email. Session days and times are currently TBD, but there may be evening and/or weekend endeavors.
- Participants must take the Clifton StrengthFinders Assessment prior to the first session. Results must be submitted via email to Dway Stover no later than 5 p.m, Friday, September 15, 2023. More information will be sent via email should an applicant be accepted to join the Journey 2023-2024 cohort.
- All sessions are scheduled to meet in person on the main campus.
Failure to complete any of the requirements mentioned above are grounds for disqualification or dismissal from the Journey program.
Applicants must complete both steps to be considered for cohort membership.
- Application – Complete the Journey Application in its entirety. All application materials are due no later than 5 p.m, Friday, September 15, 2023.
- Reference Letter – Each applicant must ask two (2) Durham Tech faculty or staff members to submit a confidential Recommendation Form addressing the applicant’s leadership potential. No hardcopy letters of recommendation or recommendation forms will be accepted. This form must be submitted electronically no later than 5 p.m. Friday, September 15, 2023.
No late materials will be accepted under any circumstances.