Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Collegiate
FBLA Collegiate is dedicated to inspiring and developing the next generation of leaders by preparing members for careers in business and business-related fields.
Advisor: LaTonya Steele, 919-536-7200, ext. 8064
FBLA Collegiate Membership
Any student who is interested in developing their business and leadership skills and is enrolled in at least one course at Durham Tech can join Future Business Leaders of America Collegiate (FBLA Collegiate).
Interested students can join using the FBLA Collegiate Membership form.
Annual dues are $20 per member (includes $10 for national dues and $10 for state dues). The membership year is August 1 - July 31.
Members have opportunities for:
- An extension of the learning process and sharing interests with other members
- Acquiring business knowledge and skill assessment
- Development of personal qualities such as dependability, cooperation, and a sense of humor
- Creating job contacts
- Cultural development and social maturity
- Encouraging an understanding of the American Enterprise System
- Experience in leadership and "followership" as well as lessons in decision-making
- Encouraging high scholastic standards
- Resume building experiences
- Development of "success" characteristics expected by employers
- A school activity for students
- Working toward a common goal
- Development of a competitive spirit and self-confidence as well as recognition and prestige
- Learning human relations skills and encouraging student motivation
- Getting to know your instructors
- Learning to accept responsibility
- Encouraging patriotism