Durham Tech wants to reward and recognize excellent service! All Durham Tech students, faculty, staff, and alumni are encouraged to record their volunteer hours in the Volunteer Log. If you have issues logging into the Volunteer Log please email email@example.com.
The Volunteer Log serves double duty: allowing you to track your hours so you can self-assess progress toward your individual or organizational service goals while also making you eligible for rewards and commendations. It also helps Durham Tech see the incredible impact our students, faculty, staff, and alumni have on the community!
- Enter your volunteer hours every month for each organization benefiting from your service. Recording your hours frequently helps you remember what you have done and keeps you eligible for prizes!
- Eligible service hours include hours spent in volunteering to meet any unmet community need in any location. The activity must provide a direct benefit for a nonprofit organization.
- Service hours provided to labor unions, partisan political organizations, or religious worship activities do not qualify.
- Both direct and indirect service hours count. For example, if you organize a 5k fundraiser for charity, count all hours you spent planning, emailing, writing, calling, posting fliers, and/or setting up the event, as well as the actual event hours if you are present. As long as the meeting or work pertains to service and its completion, log the hours!
- The most important factor in determining an activity’s qualification is whether it serves an unmet need in the community. The goal of these guidelines is not to exclude any meaningful service, but rather to provide a very basic framework for understanding service. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.