Drop-in advising is available for the following students:
- Students preparing to attend Durham Tech for the first time.
- Returning students (students who were not enrolled in classes at Durham Tech in the previous fall and spring semesters.
- Visiting students
Students with assigned program advisors may visit Drop-in Advising if all of the following conditions have been met:
- Student has attempted to contact their assigned advisor by email.
- The advisor has not responded within 72 hours.
- The student presents the original email to Advising Services.
Important: Students must have submitted all official high school and undergraduate transcripts to Durham Tech or must bring official transcripts (in a sealed envelope from the educational institution) to Drop-in Advising.
Advisors will be available on a first-come, first-served drop-in basis in Advising Services in the Phail Wynn, Jr. Student Services Center (Building 10), room 10-200 or at the Durham Tech Orange County Campus. Once registration begins, Drop-in Advising often experiences heavy-volume periods, and wait times for Drop-in Advising may exceed two hours. If advising capacity is reached, students may be asked to return another day.
Online Advising is also available to those who meet the requirements.
|Main Campus hours||Orange County Campus hours|
Monday, Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 – 11:30 a.m
Tuesday and Wednesday, 2 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. – noon
Or by appointment by calling 919-536-7238, ext. 4227
QLess App: Skip the Line
Tired of waiting in Advising Services on Main Campus for advising, registration, or enrollment questions? Lines are a thing of the past. Now you can sign up and hold your place in line from just about anywhere! You will be notified as soon as it’s your turn.
Text to 484-517-4615 to be placed in line on Main Campus. We’ll send you a text when it is your turn to be seen.
- Type DTech for advising
- Type DTech aid for financial aid
- Type DTech testing for testing