On Wednesday, Oct. 4, the College will test our Emergency Notification System. The Emergency Notification System is tested each semester. A series of text messages will be sent, but this is only a test. Learn more about PunchAlert
New students to Durham Tech will learn about the advising process during the ConnectSession, new student orientation. View online ConnectSession instructions.
Tips for New and Visiting Students
- Start the enrollment process early to avoid lengthy wait times during busy Drop-in Advising periods and to gain access to a wider selection of course options.
- The academic advisors in Advising Services are trained to assist you with your transition to Durham Tech and course selection for your first semester. They will share information with you about Durham Tech’s programs, resources, and services for students.
- Our advisors are here to help, so be sure to ask questions!
Contact an advisor using the information found on the Academic Advising home page.
How to find Your Assigned Program Advisor in Self-Service
- Log in to Self-Service using your Durham Tech username and password.
- Click on Student Planning.
- Click on Plan Your Degree & Register for Classes.
- If you have an assigned advisor, you'll find your advisor's name under the Advising tab.
- Right-click on the name to copy your new advisor's email address into an email.
- If no advisor is listed under the Advising tab, contact an advisor using the information found on the Academic Advising home page.