Nurse Aide I Refresher (Non-credit)
Please be aware that students must attend all class sessions to successfully complete this course. No absences allowed.
One or more of the following:
- Current or previous listing on North Carolina’s or another state’s Nurse Aide I Registry within the past five years. Verify your Nurse Aide I listing through the NC Nurse Aide Registry, or call 919-855-3969 or 919-715-0562. Submit a copy of your listing/certification along with your registration.
- Completion of a state-approved NA I training program within the past two years, for students who have failed or not attempted the NC NA I exam. Submit evidence of course completion with your registration.
- A state-recognized NA credential from any US state.
- Military personnel who have medical/corpsman training or enrollees who have completed course(s) equivalent to the NA I content may enroll with permission of the program director.
Prerequisite documentation is required at the time of registration. Complete a Durham Tech Registration form. Include the 5-digit class section number (also called Course Number) on the registration form. Save the prerequisite documents separately. Do not put them all in one file. They should be saved as digital copies in one of the following formats: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, or PNG.
To upload your documents:
- Go to the Durham Tech Documents portal
- Log in if you already have a Durham Tech account or choose the Create a New Account. Note it may take up to 24 hours for your new account to be created.
- Scroll down to the Nurse Aide Program link and click on Submit Documents
- Fill in your name and email, select the type of document you are uploading, and upload your documents.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we know to look for your documents
After your documents are reviewed and approved you will receive an email on the next steps to take. You will also be emailed instructions on how to make your payment in a secure payment portal through Durham Tech.
Dress code: Students must wear scrubs to class.
Textbook (optional): Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care: Basics, 4th Ed., ISBN: 160425050X / ISBN: 9781604250503.
Nurse Aide Exam
In order to work as a Nurse Aide, you must take and pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) exam. The Durham Tech Nurse Aide course will prepare you to pass this examination. The NNAAP is an evaluation of Nurse Aide-related knowledge, skills, and abilities. It is a two-part examination; a written component and a skills component. On completion of the Nurse Aide course, students complete online registration for the examination. The exam is given at regional sites.
View NNAAP frequently asked questions on the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) website.
This course qualifies for financial assistance.
NAS-3242A Nurse Aide I Refresher
4/15 - 4/26
4/15 - 4/26
4/15 - 4/26
M 8:00:00 AM - 4:00:00 PM
W 8:00:00 AM - 4:00:00 PM
F 8:00:00 AM - 4:00:00 PM