Durham Tech will be TESTING the Emergency Notification System (Punch Alert) on Tuesday, January 31 between 9-11 a.m. A series of text messages will be sent, but this is only a test. Learn more about PunchAlert
1. Activate your ConnectMail account – and check it regularly! You are required to use this email account for your online classes. Your instructor will most likely email you at your ConnectMail address a week or two before classes begin with important details about the class.
2. Find out the start date for your online class. The start date is listed on the course schedule.
3. Log in to Sakai on the class start date, and access the course to find out if your course orientation will be held synchronously online on a specific date and time and/or if your instructor requires you to submit an orientation activity in Sakai.
- If your course has a synchronous, online orientation meeting, mark your calendar and be sure to attend!
- If your course has an online orientation activity that you must submit in Sakai, mark the due date on your calendar and make sure to complete the orientation assignment by that due date/time.
Questions? Contact your instructor. Your instructor’s email address can be found in Self-Service.
NOTE: Your courses will not be visible on Sakai until the first day of class!
Before your class starts, learn how to log in to Sakai and access your course materials below: