Phi Beta Lambda membership
Any student who is interested in developing their business and leadership skills and is enrolled in at least one course at Durham Tech can join Phi Beta Lambda.
Those interested need to complete a PBL Membership form.
Annual dues are $20 per member, which is split between national dues and state dues. Membership lasts from Aug. 1 to July 31.
- PBL Business Leader, a quarterly publication prepared by the national organization.
- NCPBL State Newsletter, a semi-annual newsletter published by the North Carolina State Chapter.
- State Chapter membership certificate, as well as a national membership card.
- A variety of publications and information from the state and national association to assist your local chapter with continued success.
Members have opportunities for:
- An extension of the learning process and sharing interests with other members
- Acquiring business knowledge and skill assessment
- Development of personal qualities such as dependability, cooperation, and a sense of humor
- Creating job contacts
- Cultural development and social maturity
- Encouraging an understanding of the American Enterprise System
- Experience in leadership and "followership" as well as lessons in decision-making
- Encouraging high scholastic standards
- Resume building experiences
- Development of "success" characteristics expected by employers
- A school activity for students
- Working toward a common goal
- Development of a competitive spirit and self-confidence as well as recognition and prestige
- Learning human relations skills and encouraging student motivation
- Getting to know your instructors
- Learning to accept responsibility
- Encouraging patriotism