Jean D. Brown
Duke St North, room 118
919-536-7200, ext. 4311
Cardiovascular Technician (Non-credit)
Program Prerequisites and Requirements
(These items are not covered in the course fee)
- Proof of High School Diploma or high school equivalency
- Completion of EKG Technician course at Durham Tech or another college
- Proof of the following immunizations are due at the time of registration: two doses or positive titer for MMR, Varicella; T/dap; Hep B series; Influenza/Flu (exempt for summer term only); and TB (annual TB test)
- CPR certification - only the American Heart Association Basic Life Support is accepted.
- Proof of medical health insurance
- Teal scrubs (tops and bottoms) and puncture resistant, closed toe shoes or sneaker (all white or all black)
Registration: View the Allied Health Checklist and attend an information session to learn how to submit prerequisites and how to register.
Upcoming Program Events
ICT-3100B Intro to Cardiovascular Tech
This 324-hour course is to prepare the student to become a certified CCT (Certified Cardiovascular Technologist) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). This course will cover advanced medical terminology, advanced anatomy and physiology of the heart, Cardiac pharmacology, Advanced principles of EKG, Holter Monitoring, Stress Test, electrophysiology, and advanced dysrhythmia. Students will learn cardiac and congenital diseases, read, analyze and distinguish advanced myocardial infractions, arrhythmias and all aspects of interpreting a 12 lead EKG, and or Rhythm Strips. Student will become familiar with cardiac terminology, operating the EKG equipment and a stress machine. Prerequisites: 1) Must be at least 18 years old, AND 2) High School Diploma or Equivalent; AND 3) Proof of the following immunizations are due at the time of registration: two doses or positive titer MMR, Varicella, T/dap, Hep B series, Influenza/Flu (exempt for summer term only), TB (annual TB test), and COVID-19 vaccinations and booster; AND 4) Medical health insurances; AND 5) Completion of EKG Technician course at Durham Tech or another college. Students must submit proof of prerequisites prior to registration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the program or registration process.
|This course has already started or is not being offered this term.|