On Wednesday, Oct. 4, the College will test our Emergency Notification System. The Emergency Notification System is tested each semester. A series of text messages will be sent, but this is only a test. Learn more about PunchAlert
* This program is financial aid eligible.
* This program can be completed online.
Public Safety Administration - Transfer
Course work in diverse subject areas includes public safety administration and education, interagency operations, crisis leadership, government and agency financial management, professional standards, incident management, administrative law, and supervision, while providing a streamlined pathway that recognizes the value of previously earned skillsets and credentials within the public safety sector.
Employment opportunities exist with fire or police departments, emergency management organizations, governmental agencies, industrial firms, correctional facilities, private industries, insurance organizations, educational organizations, security and protective organizations, and through self-employment opportunities.
Areas of Employment
- Public and Non-profit: FEMA, NC Emergency Management, American Red Cross, ambulance services, fire/rescue agencies, law enforcement agencies, fire marshal offices
- Homeland Security: U.S. Department of Homeland Security, National Guard, U.S. Border Patrol, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Business: Risk manager, business continuity manager, consulting, facilities management,
- Environmental Sciences: Emergency management specialist
- Engineering: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Emergency management specialist, National Architects and Engineers Emergency Response Task Force Program
- Social Sciences: Disaster research
- Information Technology: Hazus software, CAMEO (Computer-Aided Management of Emergency Operations), WebEOC (crisis management), HURREVAC (National Hurricane Program), emergency communications, GIS software
- Public Health: Doctors without Borders, Center for Disease Control (CDC), National Disaster Medical System (NDMS)
Spring Application Deadline is Oct 15
Estimated Tuition & Fees
Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
Minimum Credit Hours