The SECU Bridge to Career Program was designed as a workforce education program to help remove financial barriers for students seeking to obtain state regulated or industry-recognized credentials.
- Be a US citizen and a NC resident.
- Be enrolled in a short-term training program that leads to a state-regulated or industry recognized credential that is offered through Durham Tech’s Continuing Education division.
- Not be a director, employee, or family member of an employee of SECU or the SECU foundation.
- Be one of the following:
- Unemployed or underemployed adult
- A member of the NC National Guard
- Military Veteran or spouse of a Veteran
- Under-served population in a specific workforce or area
- Carpentry I and Carpentry II
- Central Sterile Processing
- Community Health Worker
- Emergency Medical Services
- Esthetician Technology
- HVAC Cooling
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Natural Hair Care Specialist
- Nurse Aide I
- Nurse Aide II
How to Apply
A selection committee will review all applications and select recipients. The application will be linked here when the application period reopens. Submit the SECU Bridge to Career Program Application. Please scan and email the application to Ve'ga J-Swepson or contact her for questions.
Award recipients must consent to the release of their names and images for the publication of the NC Community College System Office, Durham Tech and its foundation, and SECU and its foundation. Recipients must also agree to provide testimonials for use by the aforementioned organizations at the completion of their course of study.