Jean D. Brown
Duke St North, room 118
919-536-7200, ext. 4311
Medical Administrative Assistant (Non-credit)
After successful completion of the course, graduates will be eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association certification exam for medical administrative assistants (CMAA). Students must have working knowledge of computer skills. Textbook required.
- Proof of high school diploma or high school equivalency
- Proof of the following immunizations are due at the time of registration: Influenza/Flu (exempt for summer term only); and Covid-19 vaccinations and booster.
- Criminal background check and drug screening which will be administered by Castle Branch. Do not do this on your own. Information will be provided at orientation once a student registers for a class.
- CPR certification - only the American Heart Association Basic Life Support is accepted.
- Proof of medical health insurance
- Purple/Grape scrubs (tops and bottoms) and puncture resistant, closed toe shoes or sneaker (all white or all black)
Registration: View the Allied Health Registration Checklist and get started today!
This course qualifies for financial assistance.
Upcoming Program Events
MED-3300E Medical Admin Assistant EHR
This 224-hour provides training for the skills required to work as a medical administrative assistant and electronic health records specialist. Course topics include electronic health records, health insurance, effective telephone etiquette, appointment scheduling, internal and external customer service, financial records of patients, and preparation of medical reports. Students also gain experience in understanding medical laws and ethics, using effective oral and written communications, handling front-office operations, assisting physicians and medical staff. This course includes a 128-hour clinical component. Clinicals are completed in the daytime. After successful completion of the course, students will be eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association certification exam for medical administrative assistants (CMAA) and electronic health records specialist (CEHRS). Students must have a working knowledge of computer skills. Textbooks required. Prerequisites: 1) Must be at least 18 years old, AND 2) High School Diploma or Equivalent, AND 3) Proof of the following immunizations are due at the time of registration: (two doses or positive titer MMR, Varicella, T/dap, Hep B series, Influenza/Flu (exempt for summer only), TB (annual TB test), and COVID-19 vaccinations and booster, AND 4) CPR certification, AND 5) medical health insurance. Students must submit proof of prerequisites prior to registration. Please email email@example.com for questions regarding the program or registration process.
|This course has already started or is not being offered this term.|