Welcome to the Arts, Sciences, and University Transfer Department at Durham Technical Community College. We’re glad you’ve chosen Durham Tech, and we hope you will find, as many students before you have, that academically and financially, Durham Tech’s University Transfer program is the best first step to a bachelor’s degree and beyond. Below is information to help you achieve your transfer goals. Use the navigation links to the left to view different sections.
- What is the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement?
The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between N.C. community colleges and N.C. public universities. Its objective is the facilitation of student transfer from two- to four-year institutions. The CAA establishes transfer policies and assures certain student rights in the transfer process. N.C. community college students who earn an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree according to the guidelines of the CAA will transfer 60 credit hours, be treated as juniors, and be considered to have met all of the general education requirements at the receiving University of North Carolina (UNC) institution. The CAA also offers an appeals process for students who transfer under the agreement and feel that its policies have not been upheld by the transfer university. Visit the UNC System website for more information.
Independent colleges and universities also have an Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement. View the list of private colleges and universities that are part of this agreement, which works the same way as the CAA.
- Articulation Agreements that cover Early Childhood, Engineering, Visual Arts, RN to BSN and Teacher Preparation
Our other transfer pathways are governed by different agreements. View the Transfer Articulation Agreements listed below.
- Uniform Articulation Agreement Associate in Early Childhood
- Uniform Articulation Agreement Associate in Engineering
- Uniform Articulation Agreement Associate in Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
- Uniform Articulation Agreement RN to BSN Programs
- Uniform Articulation Agreement Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Teacher Preparation